Thursday, January 22, 2009

More Nerd Stuff!




More Nerd Stuff! These have been pretty fun recently, I might try to do a couple more, maybe Batgirl and Poison Ivy.

I also got a pretty cool opportunity that most artists don't get. My dad flies and owns a few planes, recently he acquired one from WWII Called Nanchang Nancy, Apparently the Chinese made some planes for America during that time, and they were very good fighter planes. It's a little 2 seater war plane with a funny little pinup girl painted on the side of it. He asked if I wanted to paint a new one for him (he's always been very supportive of my art) So I'm gonna do it! I've got to do some research on what type of paint to buy, but it should be really exciting! I'll post up some sketches later this week perhaps. The one on the plane now is a chinese girl in a pseudo-mao communist outfit, she seems a little bored, so I'll try to remedy that :)

15 comments:

justdoodleit said...

supergirl is so super!

Andrej Vojkovic said...

Great and cute drawings! Sweet and lovely retro-girls! Very nice stuff!

Scott Watanabe said...

Superheroes never looked so runway fashionable.

RAWLS said...

Nice work my nerd...uh, I mean, friend!!

KALIGULA en Kandor said...

Ur ilustrations are prettys, i link u! The surprise of the day, or the year:)

Arree Chung said...

these are awesome vicky! can i fly your dad's plane?

Unknown said...

Love the design of these characters!

Gilberto Valadares said...

this designs looks great, girl... :)))

AlbertoHdez said...

Nice work, I like very very much

Anonymous said...

Fun, cute, sexy awesomeness :)

spacesick said...

so cool! your work is always inspiring.

kennypark said...

I love your stuff. Especially love the fashion illustrations. Keep up the awesome work!

matt dawson said...

Nose art pin up... a fantastic project and perfect for your work! I'd be fascinated on an illustration (and plane geek level) to see how the project progresses. Love your work, beautiful...very well handled stylisation...great palette....lovely textures (march 27th 08 stands out, simple yet perfect). Many thanks for following, I will most certainly be doing the same!!!

Howard Shum said...

Fun drawings!

Be Creative Books said...
This comment has been removed by the author.